8th Grade Field Trip Information
The 8th graders will be heading to North Georgia and Tennessee for their annual fieldtrip.
During our Georgia adventure, students will participate in the following curriculum based learning activities:
- Hear the battle cries as we visit the Chickamauga Battlefields.
- Take a ride on the Tennessee Valley Railroad and tour the museum.
- A ride on the Tennessee River as we dine on the Southern Belle Riverboat!
- Learn about humpback whales at an IMAX movie.
- Visit TechTown, a technology and entrepreneurial learning center.
- Walk around the Etowah Indian Mounds and learn how the Native Americans lived around 1000 AD.
The cost of the trip this year is $256 and can be paid in full or in 2 installments.
- Deadline Extended (9/25/15): Deposit of $156
- 10/12/2015: Balance $100
(You can pay online here: http://portal.rockdale.k12.ga.us/schools/dms/htmlPages/onlinepay.htm)
**Teachers will need 3 things from you and your child with the first payment:**
1. Turn in a deposit of $156 (if you're not paying in full)
2. Turn in a copy of your child's medical card (front and back)
3. Turn in the permission forms (Signed and Dated by both you and your child)
Chaperones are needed. Parents that are interested in going on this field trip as a chaperone can attend. The number of chaperones is limited and we will honor requests on a first come, first serve basis. The cost of the trip for chaperones is the same as for students and is $256. Chaperones are required to make payments for the trip on the same due dates as the students. Chaperones are double-occupancy at the hotels and no exceptions are made. If you are interested, your child’s homeroom teacher will call to confirm your participation as a chaperone. Parents can also sponsor a scholarship. Please refer to the chaperone form sent home with your child and return it to your child’s homeroom teacher if you are interested and plan on attending.
The 8th grade students are excited and are looking forward to learning and exploring North Georgia and Tennessee in November!