To enroll in Rockdale County Schools, the student's parent or legal guardian must be a resident of the school system.
Please bring most recent report card, withdrawal form from previous school and/or transcripts. These are essential for proper placement of students. Students in grades 7-12 also will need copies of any discipline records.
Georgia requires students to be immunized against the following:
- whooping cough
- hepatitis B
- haemophilus influenza
Immunization information must be on the proper Georgia Department of Human Resources form; these are available through the Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness or local physicians (Form 3231). Sixth grade students must have an additional MMR (mumps, measles and rubella) vaccine and are required to have the chicken pox (varicella) vaccine or proof of immunity. The Georgia DHR Form 3189 is acceptable for these students showing the additional immunizations for 6th graders. Forms 3231 (and 3189 if needed) must be signed by the Health Department or a licensed Georgia physician.
Must be government issued--hospital certificates are not acceptable. Birth certificates for children born in Georgia may be requested from:
Georgia Department of Human Resources
2600 Skyland Drive, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30319-3640
Proof of residency
Two documents indicating residence in the attendance area must be provided. Appropriate records for verification of residency must include any two of the following:
- Copy of home mortgage payment book
- Current utility bill (gas, electric, or water)
- Apartment lease showing name of legal guardian
- Homeowner's insurance registration/card
- Current Paycheck stub
- Current Bank statement
- Driver's license showing legal guardian's current address with one of the above
- Copy of sales contract
- Receipt to have utilities connected
- Affidavit of Residency with signatures from the permanent resident and parent or guardian notarized with two of the above. The two additional documents should bear the name of the person signing as the permanent resident of the dwelling or apartment.
Social Security Number
Social security numbers are voluntary. Waivers are available in local schools. Applications for social security numbers are also available in local schools.
Migrant number is acceptable.
Ear, Eye and Dental Screening
No child entering a Georgia school for the first time shall be admitted unless the child has a certificate of eye, ear and dental screening. This Georgia Department of Human Resources certificate (Form 3300) must be signed by the Health Department or a licensed Georgia physician.