The Office of Support Services is dedicated to providing support to children, parents, and the faculty of the Rockdale County Public Schools (RCPS). The Office of Support Services consists of three departments -- Athletics, Community & Student Support, and Safe Schools & Student Conduct.
The Department of Community and Student Support
incorporates a variety of specialists that include psychologists, social workers, and counselors. In addition, Student Support oversees the Student Support Team (SST) process in the schools, which provides students with academic and behavioral support by way of the regular education setting.
The Department of School Safety and Student Affairs implements a comprehensive strategy that includes key factors to facilitate safe schools:
Prevention - To impede the occurrence of problems
Intervention - To interrupt a problem and avoid continuing problems.
The mission of the RCPS Office of Support Services is to provide the
highest quality of service to our students, support to our schools, and assistance to our families to ensure that all students have the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual resources to reach their highest level of aspiration and achievement.
· We KNOW that ALL students can think, learn, and perform given the appropriate instruction, resources, and time to do so.
· We are advocates and defenders for the rights of all students.
· We recognize and value the differences of all learners.
· We endeavor to eliminate all barriers and ceilings to student and school success.
· We are models for the utilization of data, validated research, and best practice interventions.
· We vow to operate with Integrity, Professionalism, and the Highest Ethical Code.
· We support our schools through collaboration as the resource specialists in our respective fields.
· We combine our high expectations with a genuine care, compassion, and concern for all.